Low Carb Crustless Baked Green Tea Cheesecake | dietplan-101.com
Green tea lovers, this is a must-try recipe for you. This low-carb green tea cheesecake is made with a combination of cream cheese and ricotta cheese. They give a dense and creamy texture to the cake that can be enjoyed by all green tea lovers.
Yields: 16 servings
- 1 lb (454 g) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup granulated sweetener (or 24 sachets)
- 3 tbsps green tea powder
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 10 1/2 oz (297 g) Greek yogurt
- 3 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- Put a baking tray filled with water into the oven and preheat to 300°F/150°C.
- Wrap the outside (bottom and sides) of a 10-in (25 cm) loose base round cake pan with two layers of aluminum foil (to prevent any leaking).
- Beat cream cheese and ricotta cheese until combined, then add in the sweetener and beat until smooth.
- Add in green tea powder and mix until well blended.
- Combine egg yolks and 1 egg in a small bowl, then add gradually to the cheese mixture and beat until the batter is smooth.
- Add in Greek yogurt and mix until well combined. Set aside.
- In another clean bowl, whisk egg whites till foamy, then add in cream of tartar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Lightly fold the beaten egg white into the cheese mixture until just blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake in a water bath for about 1 hour 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely.
- Keep refrigerated for a few hours to chill the cake completely.
- Slice the cheesecake with a hot knife and serve chilled.