Gluten-Free Pizza Crust | dietplan-101.com
Our gluten-free pizza crust is the perfect base for a hearty, healthy meal. With a chewy, soft texture and just enough crunch, so you can easily toss it in the oven or under the broiler to finish melting that cheese and loading it up with all of your favorite toppings.
You may use gram (chickpea) flour or fava (garbanzo) bean flour instead of brown rice flour.
This recipe serves 6.
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour*
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tbsps powdered milk
- 2 tsps Xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup (158 ml) water (110°F/43°C)
- 1/2 tsp sugar (or honey)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C.
- Lightly grease a 12″ non-stick pizza pan.
- Combine all ingredients and mix on low using a regular beater until well blended (add in more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if the dough is too stiff.)
- Then, beat on high for just 3 minutes, until it looks like soft bread dough.
- Put the pizza dough on the prepared pan, sprinkle some flour on it and press it into the pan (edges should be thicker to hold toppings).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Top with your favorite toppings and bake for another 20 to 25 minutes, until nicely browned.