Baked Buffalo Wings with Blue Cheese Dip (Atkins Diet Phase 1) | dietplan-101.com
Buffalo wings are very popular across America, usually served as appetizers. This is a baked version of hot wings served with blue cheese dipping. If you like your wings spicier, add extra cayenne pepper or hot sauce. Only simple Ingredients are needed and they can be prepared in the comfort of your home.
Yields: 6 servings (Each serving: 1.0 g Net Carbs)
- 6 chicken wings (about 1.5 lbs/680 g) (halved, tips removed)
- blue cheese dip (for serving)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 6 tbsps cooking oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- Combine all the ingredients for marinating in a large bowl (or plastic bag), then add in the chicken wings and coat well. Set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F/230°C.
- Arrange the marinated wings on a lined baking pan and bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until cooked (baste 2 times with the marinade in between cooking).
- Serve hot with blue cheese dipping sauce.