Low Carb Japanese Green Tea Meringue Cookies (Atkins Diet Phase 1) | dietplan-101.com
This low-carb meringue cookie is sugar-free. Therefore, it is slightly different from normal meringue cookies in the way it looks as well as their taste. It is “fragile” and you need to be very careful when holding it.
- 3 egg whites (at room temperature, use 3-4 days old eggs)
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener (or 12 sachets)
- 1 tsp green tea powder
- Preheat oven to 250°F/120°C.
- Beat egg whites until foamy, then add in cream of tartar and beat at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Add in sweetener gradually (spoon by spoon) while beating, then continue to beat at high speed until VERY stiff.
- Add in green tea powder gradually and mix until combined.
- Fill the green tea meringue into a piping bag with your favorite tip, then pipe dollops onto silicon mats (or cookie sheets lined with parchment paper).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Let the meringue cookies cool in the closed oven for 1 hour.
- Transfer with care (the cookies are fragile) to airtight containers immediately.
- Keep refrigerated.