Low Carb Chicken Grapes Blue Cheese Salad | dietplan-101.com
Low (or turkey) salad with blue cheese dressing. Colorful and crunchy, this salad is burst with flavors. It is also a great way to use up all your leftover chicken or turkey.
A combination of grapes’ sweetness and the tang of blue cheese is absolutely delicious. Chopped almond is added for crunch. With grapes, there is no extra sweetener needed. Those who like blue cheese will love this salad.
This recipe yields 7 servings with each serving: 6.0 g of Net Carbs
- 1 lb (450 g) cooked chicken breast (chopped)
- 20 red grapes (seeded & halved)
- 3 stalks of celery (finely chopped)
- 1 oz (30 g) chopped roasted almond (or hazelnut)
For blue cheese dressing:
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 1/2 tbsps crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsps chopped scallion
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Combine all ingredients for dressing in a bowl and whisk until well blended.
- Put cooked chicken, grapes, and chopped celery in a large salad bowl.
- Pour over the blue cheese dressing and toss gently to coat well.
- Add in chopped almond and mix gently.
- Cover the salad bowl with cling film and keep refrigerated for at least 1 hour to chill the salad before serving.