Creamy Cheddar Soup with Crumbled Bacon (Atkins Diet Phase 2) | dietplan-101.com
This soup is a quick and easy way to satisfy your creamy cheddar craving. With skim milk, low-fat shreddedcheddar cheese, and reduced-fat bacon littles, this soup turns out rich and creamy.
Yields: 2 servings (Each serving: 6.2 g Net carbs)
- 2 slices of bacon (cut into strips)
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- 1/2 tbsp mustard (or 1/4 tsp mustard powder)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 cup (4 oz/113 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- salt (to taste)
- Fry bacon over medium heat in a non-stick saucepan for a few minutes, until crispy. Drain off excess oil and set it aside.
- Using the same saucepan with bacon fat, sauté the chopped onion until turning brown.
- Add in the mustard, black pepper, and chicken broth. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add in paprika, half & half, and cheese. Let it simmers and stir until the cheese melts. Season to taste with salt.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon and serve hot.