Jalapeno Jack Cheese Soy Quick Bread (Atkins Diet Phase 1) | dietplan-101.com
This delicious, rich, and satisfying Jalapeno-Jack Cheese Soy Quick Bread is a great meal-in-one. It contains no refined sugars, artificial sweeteners, or trans fats. This quick bread is also high in protein and low in net carbohydrates, making it perfect to eat as part of an Atkins diet.
Yields: 26 slices
Each serving (2 slices): 1.5 g Net Carbs
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsps melted butter
- 4 oz (113 g) grated Jalapeno Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup soy protein powder
- 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 355°F/180°C.
- Combine eggs, milk, oil, and butter in a large bowl, beat until well combined, then mix in grated Jack cheese.
- Sieve in soy powder, wheat gluten, and baking powder and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a lined square baking pan (8-inch/20-cm) and bake for 35 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool on a wire rack before slicing.