Beef Stroganoff with Mushroom (Atkins Diet Phase 1) | dietplan-101.com
Beef Stroganoff is simply tender beef with mushroom and sour cream sauce. It is easy to produce in large quantities and store in the fridge as ready-to-eat food. Its variation has become popular around the world. This is a Low-Carb version recipe suitable for Atkins’s Diet. Replace beef with chicken breast strips if desired.
Yields: 4 servings (Each serving: 3.6 g Net Carbs)
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 17 oz (480 g) beef strips (e.g. skirt steak strips)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 cup sliced fresh shiitake mushroom
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 tbsps sour cream
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion
- Lightly coat the beef strips with salt, pepper, and 1 tsp vegetable oil.
- Preheat the remaining vegetable oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add in the beef strips and brown both sides, then transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the butter to the remaining oil in the pan, then cook the onion until softened.
- Add in sliced mushroom and cook until the liquid is drying up.
- Add in beef broth and cook until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in sour cream, then return the browned meat strips to the pan.
- Cook for another few minutes until meat is heated through.
- Add in chopped green onion and cook for another minute.
- Off the heat and season with more pepper and salt if desired.