Stir-Fried Zucchini Noodle with Bacon and Parmesan (for Atkins Diet Phase 1) | dietplan-101.com
Your kids will love this “veggie spaghetti”. This recipe is Low-Carb and suitable for Atkins’s Diet. Use a Mandoline slicer, julienne peeler, vegetable spiralizer or just a knife to turn zucchini into noodles.
This recipe yields 2 servings with each serving of 5.6 g net carbs.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium green zucchini (julienned)
- 1 medium yellow zucchini (julienned)
- 4 slices of bacon (cut into strips)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- grated lemon zest (of 1 lemon)
- 2 tbsps grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat cooking oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add in bacon and cook until browned, transfer to a bowl.
- Add garlic to the remaining oil and cook over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Add in zucchini strips and cook for 1 minute, then add in cooked bacon and mix well.
- Off the heat, then add in grated lemon zest and grated parmesan, and toss to mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.