Haas Avocado Cucumber Salad with Cumin Dressing (for Atkins Diet Phase 2) | dietplan101.com
This Hass Avocado Cucumber Salad with Cumin Dressing (for Atkins Diet Phase 2) will take your taste buds to new heights. This salad is made of shredded cucumbers and ripe Hass avocados tossed in a light and flavorful cumin dressing.
This recipe serves 4 with each serving of 6.7 g net carbs.
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 Haas avocado (seeded & diced)
- 1 Japanese cucumber (peeled & diced)
- 8 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 tbsps chopped red onion
For the salad dressing:
- 1 tsp toasted ground cumin*
- 3 tbsps lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- salt & ground black pepper (to taste)
- Toast 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds in a dry skillet over low heat, and keep stirring, for about 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Grind the toasted spice into powder which yields about 1 teaspoon.
- To prepare the dressing, mix ground cumin and lemon juice in a small bowl, then whisk in olive oil gradually until well blended. Season to taste.
- Toss the mixed greens with 4 tablespoons of dressing, then transfer to the serving dish.
- Toss the other salad ingredients: avocado, cucumber, tomatoes and red onion with the remaining dressing, then top over the salad greens.
- Adjust the seasoning, if desired, and serve immediately.