Low Carb High Protein Crust Pizza | dietplan-101.com
Crazy for a slice of pizza while on a low-carb or gluten-free diet? Try out this low-carb high protein pizza crust! Made with eggs, heavy cream, and soy protein powder, each crust has only 5.7 g of net carbs and is gluten-free too. Top with any of your preferred toppings to make your own favorite pizzas, and enjoy without guilt!
In this recipe, we will use Hawaiian seafood topping.
For high protein pizza crust: (total net carbs: 5.7 g)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground basil
- 3/4 cup soy protein powder (or isolate)
For Hawaiian seafood topping: (total net carbs: 26.1 g)
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 small yellow bell pepper (cut into rings)
- 15 shrimps (cooked & peeled)
- *5 crab sticks (2.75 oz/78 g) (diagonally sliced) (OMIT this for GLUTEN-FREE)
- 1/3 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Whisk together eggs and heavy cream in a medium bowl.
- Add in salt, garlic powder, and ground basil and mix well.
- Add in soy protein powder and whisk until you have a thick and smooth batter.
- Coat a round thin pan (11-inch) with oil, then spread the thick batter evenly over the pan, and smooth the surface with a wet spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove baked crust from the oven. (This is the basic high protein pizza crust, with only 5.7 g net carbs per crust.)
To make Hawaiian seafood pizza:
- Spread the baked crust with pizza sauce, then with the suggested toppings (OMIT crab sticks if Gluten-Free) and grated mozzarella.
- Bake at 450°F/230°C for another 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted and lightly browned.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve hot.
(Notes: Each serving (1 slice) of Low Carb High Protein Crust Hawaiian Seafood Pizza: 4.0 g Net Carbs)