Pepperoni Mushroom Pizza Soup (for South Beach Phase 2) | dietplan101.com
How about a hardy soup for dinner? This Pepperoni Mushroom Pizza Soup is perfect for the South Beach Diet Phase 2. It has wonderful flavors from the Italian sausage and mushrooms, but it’s still light enough to stick with your diet.
This recipe serves 4.
- 1 can (24-oz/680-g) no added sugar pasta sauce
- 8 oz (236 ml) low-fat milk
- 4 oz (113 g) low-fat cream cheese (softened)
- 3 oz (85 g) sliced low-fat pepperoni (or Canadian bacon)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- shredded reduced-fat mozzarella (for garnishing)
- Heat all ingredients in a large saucepan, and let it simmers until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat and stir to mix well.
- Serve in bowls as a main meal, and top with some shredded cheese.