Steamed Cinnamon Coconut Milk Egg Custard (Atkins Diet Phase 1) | dietplan-101.com
Smooth steamed egg custard made with coconut milk (instead of milk) and a touch of cinnamon. Each serving of this low-carb version of custard dessert is only about 4.3 g net carbs, suitable for Atkins Phase 1 and low-carb diet.
Yields: 6 servings (Each serving: 4.3 g Net Carbs)
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 egg yolks (at room temperature)
- 1/3 cup granulated sweetener
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (at room temperature)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 pcs (7-oz) ramekins (lightly greased)
- Fill a baking tray with water and preheat in the oven to 300°F/150°C.
- Lightly whisk eggs and egg yolks in a large bowl, then mix in sweetener.
- Add cinnamon and salt to the coconut milk and mix well.
- Add the coconut milk to the egg mixture and mix well, then sieve the custard mixture into a measuring cup or a jar.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared ramekins until 2/3 full, then cover with aluminum foil.
- Cook in the preheated oven with a water bath for about 35 minutes.
- Off the heat and let them stay in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or chilled.