Zucchini Pasta Salad with Parmesan (Atkins Diet Phase 1) | dietplan-101.com
This is a healthier and gluten-free alternative to standard pasta. Zucchini pasta is suitable for those on Low Carb Diet, Atkins Diet, and Gluten-Free diet. Keep the zucchini skin for more health benefits. The skin offers an extra concentrated source of nutrients, vitamins, and dietary fiber.
Yields: 2 servings (Each serving: 4.3 g Net Carbs)
- 1 medium green zucchini (julienned)
- 1 medium yellow zucchini (julienned)
- 1 1/2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- grated lemon zest (of 1 lemon)
- salt & ground black pepper (to taste)
- 3 tbsps grated Parmesan
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, and zest in a large salad bowl. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Add in zucchini strips and gently toss to coat well.
- Add in grated Parmesan and toss to mix.