Japanese Vegetables Tofu Soup (Atkins Diet Phase 3) | dietplan101.com
Tofu is a popular ingredient in Asian cooking. It has a light, creamy texture and is made from soybeans. In Japan, it’s used in many everyday dishes. All tofu contains no fat, cholesterol, or carbohydrates and is an excellent source of protein.
This recipe serves 6 with each serving 4.6 g net carbs. If you are in Phase 1 or 2, just omit the carrot from the recipe.
- 6 cups (1500 ml) chicken/vegetable broth
- 4 tbsps Japanese Tamari soy sauce
- 2 cups chopped bok choy
- 2 cups mixed sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 clove of garlic (sliced)
- 1 Serrano pepper (seeded & minced)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 3 stalks of green onion (sliced)
- 6 oz (170 g) firm tofu (1/2″ diced)
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Add soy sauce to the broth and bring to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add in bok choy, mushrooms, ginger, garlic, and pepper. Reheat to boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes, green onions, tofu, and carrots cook for 1-2 minutes until all ingredients are heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot.