Vanilla Soy Waffles (for Atkins Diet Phase 2) | dietplan101.com
Treat yourself to guilt-free toasted vanilla soy waffles made with protein-rich soy and sweet vanilla extract. Enjoy them on their own or as part of your favorite weekend brunch. They are also low in carbohydrates, high in protein, and make a great breakfast or snack. Perfect for Atkins dieters!
This recipe serves 8 with each serving of 2.0 g net carbs.
- 1 cup soy flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsps granulated Splenda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsps heavy cream
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 tbsp sugar-free vanilla syrup
- 4 tbsps cold water
- Preheat the waffle iron (according to the manufacturer’s instructions).
- Whisk together soy flour, baking powder, sweetener, and salt in a mixing bowl, then make a well in the center.
- Add in heavy cream, eggs, and syrup and mix until blended.
- Add in water gradually to the thick batter and mix until you have a slightly thick but still pourable batter.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of batter (adjust the amount according to your waffle machine) in the middle of the preheated waffle iron, cover and cook until the waffle is lightly browned on both sides.
- Repeat the same for the remaining batter.
- Serve warm.