Soy Hazelnut Biscotti with Dried Cherries (for Atkins Diet Phase 3) | dietplan101.com
This Soy Hazelnut Biscotti with Dried Cherries is a tasty low-carb treat. It is perfect for the Atkins Diet Phase 3 if you are following the program according to the recommended daily number of carbs allowed. This delicious, crunchy biscotti can be eaten on its own as a snack or even as a dessert with some yogurt.
This recipe yields 40 with each serving of 2.2 g net carbs.
- 6 oz (170 g) unsalted butter (soften)
- 3/4 cup Splenda sweetener
- 4 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 4 tbsps sour cream
- 1 cup soy powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts (chopped)*
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- Finely chop 1/2 cup and coarsely chop 1 cup of hazelnuts.
- Beat butter and sweetener until creamy, then add in eggs gradually and beat until well blended.
- Add in sour cream and mix well.
- Mix in soy powder, cinnamon, and salt until well combined.
- Fold in hazelnuts and dried cherries, then chill the dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Divide the chilled dough into 2 portions and shape each into a log (12″x 2.5″/30cm x 6.5cm).
- Arrange the logs on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack, then cut crosswise into 1/2″ slices and arrange on a baking tray.
- Bake at 325°F/165°C for about 20 minutes, or until crisp.
- Let the biscuits completely cool before storing them in airtight containers.