Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnut (Rumaki) (Atkins Diet Phase 1) | dietplan-101.com
This is a “mock” Rumaki recipe which is without the liver, ONLY water chestnuts, and bacon, especially for those who don’t eat liver. Each serving is about 1.3 g net carbs. You can serve them as appetizers for Atkins Diet.
Quick and easy, anything wrapped in bacon tastes good. Enjoy this recipe, a guaranteed favorite for parties or gatherings.
Yields: 24 servings (Each serving: 1.3 g Net Carbs)
- 12 water chestnuts (about 4 oz/113 g) (halved horizontally)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp molasses sugar
- 1 tbsp granulated sweetener
- 8 slices of bacon (cut crosswise into thirds)
- toothpicks (presoak in water for 1 hour)
- Combine soy sauce, grated ginger, curry powder, molasses, and sweetener in a bowl and mix well.
- Add in water chestnuts and coat well. Set aside to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F/230°C.
- Drain the marinated water chestnuts and discard the marinade.
- Roll 1 piece of bacon around each water chestnut and secure with a toothpick, then arrange them on a broiler pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, turning once, then continue to bake for another 10 minutes, or until bacon is crisp.