Steamed Broccoli with Lemon Butter Sauce (Atkins Diet Phase 1) | dietplan-101.com
If you’re looking for a super-healthy vegetable side dish, this Broccoli with Lemon Butter Sauce is a perfect fit. The steaming process causes the broccoli to retain all of its nutrients and flavor without leaving you feeling guilty.
Yields: 4 servings (Each serving: 4.0 g Net Carbs)
- 12 oz (340 g) broccoli florets
- 2 tbsps finely chopped shallot
- 2 tbsps white wine
- 1/2 tbsp + 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 oz (55 g) unsalted cold butter cubes
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Steam the broccoli florets for about 2-3 minutes, until tender-crisp. Set aside and keep warm.
- Combine shallot, wine, and 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice in a saucepan, and simmer over medium heat until the sauce reduces to 1 tablespoon.
- Reduce heat to very low, add in half of the butter cubes and stir to melt. Then, add in the remaining butter.
- When all butter has melted, transfer the sauce to a bowl.
- Season to taste with the remaining lemon juice, salt, and pepper, then whisk until you have a smooth sauce.
- Transfer the steamed broccoli to a serving dish and pour the sauce over it.