Romaine Chickpea Tuna Chopped Salad (South Beach Phase 1) | dietplan-101.com
A chopped salad is a salad with uniformly chopped ingredients (e.g. onions, bell peppers, olives, carrots, tomatoes, celery, cold meats, pickles, cooked legumes, leafy greens, etc.) which are drizzled with salad dressing and then either tossed or kept in a composed form.
Yields: 5 servings
- 1 lb (454 g) romaine lettuce
- 5 stalks fresh curly parsley
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 large tomato
- 20 black olives (pitted)
- 1 can (15-oz/425-g) chickpea
- 1 can (6.5-oz/185-g) tuna in in water
For salad dressing:
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 sachets sweetener
- Whisk together all ingredients for salad dressing in a large salad bowl.
- Roughly chop romaine lettuce, curly parsley, red onion and tomato, add to salad bowl.
- Drain and rinse the canned chickpea. Drain and flake the canned tuna.
- Add pitted olives, chickpea and tuna to the salad, then toss to mix well.