Low-Calorie Yellow Pepper Potato Soup | dietplan-101.com
Yellow Pepper Potato Soup is a great way to enjoy potato soup without busting your diet. This low-calorie variation uses yellow bell pepper, russet potatoes, and spices to keep calories low but not the flavor.
This recipe serves 6 with each serving about 97 calories.
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic (smashed)
- 2 yellow bell peppers (cut in chunks)
- 2 leeks (white part only) (halved & sliced)
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 lb (453 g) russet potatoes (cut into chunks)
- 4 cups (946 ml) of water
- 3 sprigs of flat-leaf parsley
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp dry white vermouth
- salt & ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat a large saucepan over medium-low heat and add olive oil.
- Sauté garlic, peppers, and leek for 1 minute, then add in turmeric. Continue to cook for another 10 minutes, or until all vegetables begin to soften.
- Add in potato chunks, water, and herbs, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat and discard the herbs, then puree the soup until you have a smooth consistency (either using a hand blender or a food processor).
- Reheat the pureed soup, then stir in the vermouth. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
- Serve warm.