Low-Calorie Crustless Cheddar Spinach Quiche | dietplan-101.com
This crustless quiche is great on its own, or as a side dish to almost anything. Hearty spinach and a cheesy filling make it an easy way to get your daily vegetable fix.
This recipe serves 8. with each serving of 1 wedge about 92 calories.
- 7 oz (198 g) shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 packet(10-oz) frozen chopped spinach (thawed)
- 6 large egg white
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- salt & ground cayenne pepper (to taste)
- pinch of grated nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Lightly coat a non-stick 9″ pie plate with cooking spray, then sprinkle with shredded cheese evenly.
- Preheat olive oil over medium-high heat in a non-stick pan, then cook chopped onion for a few minutes.
- Add in spinach and cook until moisture has evaporated, then transfer to a pie plate and spread evenly.
- Whisk together egg whites, egg, and cottage cheese, and season with salt, cayenne pepper, and nutmeg to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the spinach and bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes, until set.
- Remove from the oven and let the quiche stand for a few minutes before cutting into 8 wedges.