Lamb Curry with Plain Yogurt (for Atkins Diet Phase 2)| dietplan101.com
For the Atkins diet phase 2, we are making a lamb curry with plain yogurt. This meal is perfect for those who are following a low-carb diet. The ingredients in this recipe are all low in carbs and high in protein which makes it perfect for weight loss.
Each serving is 2.8g net carbs
This recipe serves 6.
- 2 lbs (900 g) lamb stew meat (cut into 2-inch cubes)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsps grated ginger
- 2 tbsps curry powder
- 1 3/4 cups (415 ml) chicken broth
- 4 tbsps whole-milk plain yogurt
- 2 tbsps chopped cilantro
- salt & ground black pepper (to taste)
- Heat oil and butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Divide lamb cubes into 3-4 batches, then brown them and transfer them to a plate. Keep 2 tablespoons of lamb fat.
- Add in chopped onion and cook for a few minutes until soft.
- Add in the garlic, ginger, and curry powder and cook for another minute.
- Return the browned lamb to the Dutch oven and mix well.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 1 1/2 hours, until meat is very tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in the yogurt and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.