Coleslaw with Tarragon Balsamic Mayonnaise (Atkins Diet Phase 1) | dietplan-101.com
Cabbage is an excellent vegetable for dieters. It’s low in calories and carbohydrates, but high in vitamin C and other important nutrients (such as vitamin K, vitamin B6, and folate). Each 1/2-cup of raw shredded cabbage has only 9 calories and 1.2 g of net carbs. It is a great food choice for dieters.
This recipe yields 6 servings with each serving of 3.7 g Net Carbs.
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (about 15 oz/425 g)
- 1 small red onion (thinly sliced)
For the salad dressing:
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried tarragon (or 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon)
- 2 sachets sweetener (or to taste)
- ground pepper (to taste)
- Whisk all dressing ingredients in a large salad bowl until well combined, and season to taste.
- Add in shredded cabbage and onion and toss to coat well.
- Cover the salad bowl with plastic film and chill for 1-2 hours before serving.