Italian Romaine Radicchio Chopped Salad (Diabetic) | dietplan-101.com
Italian Romaine Radicchio Chopped Salad is low in fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol. Diets rich in fiber-containing grain products, fruit, and vegetables (foods that are low in calories and carbohydrates), along with reduced intake of saturated fat and total fat, may reduce the risk of heart disease. Adds a hint of sweetness to your salads and sandwiches.
This recipe serves 5.
- 5 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped radicchio
- 1/3 cup chopped scallion
For the salad dressing:
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh dill (or 1 tsp dried)
- salt & ground black pepper (to taste)
- Whisk together all ingredients for salad dressing, and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Combine the chopped vegetables in a large salad bowl and pour over the dressing.
- Toss to mix well and serve.