Edamame Hummus with Italian Parsley | dietplan-101.com
Healthy and tasty, this savory hummus is a creamy blend of edamame and tahini with the zing of garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice. Paired with crunchy Italian parsley and served with pita chips for dipping, it makes a quick and easy appetizer.
This recipe serves 20 and each serving of1 tbsp is about 2 g of net Carbs
- 1 1/2 cups (8 oz/227 g) edamame shelled green soybeans
- 4 tbsps tahini
- 4 tbsps water
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 3 tbsps lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsps + 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- Cook the beans in salted water for 5 minutes and drain.
- Combine all ingredients (EXCEPT olive oil and parsley) in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add in 2 tbsps olive oil gradually with the motor running and mix until well blended.
- Transfer the hummus to a bowl and stir in the remaining oil and chopped parsley.
- Serve the hummus with cucumber sticks, celery sticks, or olives.
- Cover and refrigerate the unfinished portion for up to 1 day.