Citrus Water Chestnut Spinach Salad | dietplan101.com
Spinach may decrease stress, and help prevent heart diseases so add it to your diet today.
This recipe serves 6.
- 1 lb (450 g) of fresh spinach leaves
- 3 grapefruits (peeled & sectioned)
- 3 oranges (peeled & sectioned)
- 6 oz (170 g) sliced water chestnuts (fresh or canned)
For the salad dressing:
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 3 tbsps grapefruit juice
- 2 tbsps wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 dash of Tabasco sauce
- sugar or Splenda sweetener (to taste, if desired)
- 4 oz (113 g) sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsps bacon bits
- Whisk all ingredients for dressing in a small bowl until well blended.
- Arrange spinach leaves at the bottom of a salad bowl.
- Top with sectioned grapefruits and oranges, and sliced water chestnuts.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and chill for half an hour.
- Garnish with sliced mushrooms and bacon bits and serve.