Red Cabbage Slaw with Mustard Vinaigrette (Atkins Diet Phase 1) | dietplan-101.com
Red cabbage is rich in antioxidants, and disease-fighting compounds that can enhance immune system health. A cup of raw, shredded red cabbage has only 22 calories and 3.5 g of net carbs, a good choice for weight loss. This is a quick and easy-to-prepare salad recipe, you can make it ahead and keep refrigerated for the next day.
Yields: 7 servings (Each serving: 4.9 g Net Carbs)
- 1 1/2 lbs (680 g) red cabbage (shredded)
- shredded lemon rind (for garnishing)
For the salad dressing:
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsps granulated sweetener
- 1 tbsp mustard (or 1 tsp dried mustard)
- 1 tsp minced onion
- Combine all ingredients for dressing in a large salad bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add in the shredded cabbage and toss until well coated.
- Cover the salad with cling wrap and chill for 1-2 hours.
- Garnish with some shredded lemon rind and serve.