Bell Pepper Ham Cheesy Omelet (Atkins Diet Phase 1 ) | dietplan-101.com
This Bell Pepper Ham Cheesy Omelet is a delicious and easy-to-prepare breakfast. This Atkins diet recipe is made with ingredients found in Phase 1 of the weight loss program. You can prepare this dish ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to eat it. It only takes minutes to make and will provide a very hearty meal or appetizer that keeps you full until your next meal!
Yields: 2 servings (Net Carbs: 4.6 g)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsps water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsps olive oil
- Preheat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat in a large non-stick skillet.
- Cook chopped bell pepper and onion for a few minutes until soft.
- Add in ham and continue cooking until all ingredients are light golden in color.
- Transfer the filling to a bowl and set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, water, salt, and pepper until blended.
- Preheat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Pour in half of the egg mixture, lightly stir with a spatula and cook until just set.
- Put half of the filling on one side of the omelet, top with 1/4 cup of shredded cheese, and fold over.
- When the omelet is done and the cheese has melted, transfer to a serving dish. Repeat the same for the remaining portion.
- Serve warm.