Broiled Spicy Orange Chicken Breasts (for Atkins Diet Phase 3) | dietplan101.com
Broiled Spicy Orange Chicken Breasts for Atkins Diet Phase 3 is an easy recipe for chicken breasts that come out juicy and full of flavor. The citrus-based sauce is sweet and spicy making this a new favorite meal.
This recipe serves 4 with each serving of 2.2 g net carbs.
- 2 lbs (907 g) skinless chicken breast (quartered)
- salt & ground black pepper (to taste)
- 4 tbsps fresh orange juice
- 2 tsps chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Splenda sweetener
- 1 tsp grated orange rind
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Season chicken breasts with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Put the chicken breasts in a large plastic bag and add all ingredients for marinating.
- Toss to coat chicken well with the marinade, then keep in the fridge to marinate for at least 6 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Preheat the broiler and position the broiler rack about 6″ (15 cm) from the heat source.
- Broil the marinated chicken for 10 minutes, then turn the chicken and cook for another 3-5 minutes, until just cooked through.