Low Carb Cinnamon Buttermilk Soy Waffles (Atkins Diet Phase 1) | dietplan-101.com
These low-carb soy waffles are made with only a few ingredients. For those following the recommendations of the Atkins Diet Phase 1, these tasty buttermilk soy waffles work perfectly for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
Yields: 8 servings (Each serving: 4.6 g Net Carbs)
- 1 cup soy flour
- 2 tsps ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 tbsps granulated sweetener (or 9 sachets)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup (75 g) butter (melted)
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Preheat the waffle iron (according to the manufacturer’s instructions).
- Combine soy flour, ground cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and sweetener in a mixing bowl.
- Add in buttermilk, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla, and mix until well blended.
- Add in cold water gradually (1 tbsp at a time), until you have a slightly thick but still pourable batter (discard extra water).
- Pour about 1/3 cup of batter (adjust the amount according to your waffle machine) in the middle of the preheated waffle iron, cover and cook until the waffle is lightly browned on both sides.
- Repeat the same process for the remaining batter.
- Serve warm on its own or with sugar-free syrup (or with fruits for Phase 3), if desired.