Chicken Breast with Tarragon-Mustard Cream Sauce (South Beach Phase 1) | dietplan-101.com
Healthy, quick, and easy chicken breast with tarragon-mustard cream sauce recipe not only looks elegant but tastes delicious as well. This would definitely be a hit for mustard lovers. Suitable for those on South Beach Diet phase 1.
Tips: Seasoned the chicken breast before browning for the best result. Serve hot.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- salt & ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp margarine (without trans-fat)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard (or Dijon mustard)
- 3/4 tsp dried tarragon (or 2 tsps chopped fresh tarragon)
- 1/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- Lightly coat chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Melt margarine with oil, then brown the chicken breasts on both sides.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes, until cooked through. Transfer to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Add mustard and tarragon to the skillet.
- Stir the sauce over medium heat until it is reduced to half.
- Reduce heat to low, add in evaporated milk and stir until slightly thickened. Season to taste with salt & ground pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts and serve hot.