Beef Soup with Mushroom & Swiss Chard (Dukan Diet PV Cruise) | dietplan101.com
When it’s cold outside, soup is the first thing that comes to mind to warm you up. This Beef Soup with Mushroom & Swiss Chard is filling and hearty, yet low in calories and soup friendly for Dukan Diet PV Cruise phase lunches.
This recipe serves 6.
- 4 quarts (3.8 L) beef broth (fat removed)
- 6” ginger root (peeled & smashed)
- 1 white/yellow onion (halved)
- 12 cremini mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1.5 lb (680 g) beef tenderloin (very thinly sliced)
- 4 stalks of Swiss chard leaves (roughly chopped)
- salt (to taste)
For spices (tied in space bag)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 cloves (toasted)
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds (toasted)
- Bring the beef broth to a boil.
- Add in ginger root, onion, and spices, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Season the broth to taste with salt, strain, and remove the solids.
- Bring the broth to the simmer again, add in the sliced mushroom and simmer for another few minutes.
- Salt the beef slices to taste and add to the broth, off the heat when beef is almost cooked.
- Add in some Swiss chard right before serving.