Low-Calorie Creamy Asparagus Celery Soup | dietplan-101.com
Low Calories Creamy Asparagus Celery Soup is a specially made soup with asparagus, onions, and celery. It contains low calories, carbohydrates, and sodium. The soup is suitable for those following a diet for weight loss, diabetes, or hypertension.
This recipe serves 5.
Each serving of a cup is about 110 calories.
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 large onions (chopped)
- 2 stalks of celery (sliced)
- 2.5 lbs (about 1.2 kg) asparagus spears (trimmed & cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 5 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup non-fat yogurt
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- balsamic vinegar (for serving-optional)
- Preheat the Dutch oven over medium-high heat, then melts the butter.
- Add in the chopped onion and celery slices and sauté until soft.
- Add in the cut asparagus and cook for a few minutes.
- Add in the chicken broth, turn the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and continue cooking until asparagus is soft about 15-20 minutes.
- Purée the soup using a hand blender, then sieve through a strainer for a smooth consistency.
- Stir in the yogurt and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a splash of vinegar, if you want.