Quick Chicken Veggies Noodle Lunch Soup (The Zone Diet) | dietplan-101.com
The Chicken Veggies Noodle Soup is rich in nutrients and also provides essential vitamins and minerals to keep you going through the day. It isn’t your typical chicken soup, as it has veggies in it as well. It’s quick and easy to prepare, and since it’s portable there is no reason why a good hearty lunch can’t be ready in minutes!
Yields: 1 serving (Each serving: 4 Zone Blocks)
- 1 1/3 tsps canola oil (4 F)
- 180 g chopped carrot (2 C)
- 300 g chopped celery (1 C)
- 90 g cooked chicken breast (tear into strips) (4 P)
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 12 g dry egg noodle (1 C)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oil in a sauce pot.
- Add in chopped carrot and celery, stirring constantly, and cook for 2 minutes until tender.
- When veggies are tender, add in chicken strips and heat through.
- Add in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to medium-low heat, add in noodles and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- When the noodle is tender, off the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.