Spiced Celery Carrot Pumpkin Soup (Dukan Diet PV Cruise) | dietplan101.com
This wonderful soup is a delicious way to enjoy that taste of fall. It goes well with a whole grain roll and you can enjoy some crudités, too. Make it in the morning and it’s ready for lunchtime. Don’t be tempted to eat it all at once.
- 1 cup + 5 cups chicken stock (fat removed)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 3 stalks of celery (chopped)
- 4 cups cooked pumpkin flesh*
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- sea salt & ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 sugar pie pumpkin (halved & seeded)
- Pour 1 cup of chicken stock into a large non-stick frying pan, then add the chopped onion and carrot.
- Cook over medium heat and stir occasionally until the chicken stock has evaporated and the vegetables lightly stick to the pan.
- Add in the remaining 5 cups of stock and bring to a boil.
- Add in chopped celery, cooked pumpkin, ginger, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Bring to the boil again, then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for about 20 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender.
- Puree the soup using a hand blender, then season well with salt and black pepper.
- Serve hot.
For Cooked pumpkin flesh:
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Fill a baking dish (9” x 13”) with water (about 1/4”or 6 mm).
- Place the halved pumpkin flesh-side down and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours (depend on size). It is done when you can easily prick it with a fork.
- Scoop out the cooked pumpkin flesh, yields about 4 cups.