Zoned Reuben Sandwich (The Zone Diet) | dietplan-101.com
Put a little spice in your life with the Zoned Reuben Sandwich from The Zone Diet. Packed with tender slices of corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and Thousand Island dressing on lean corned bread, this sandwich will have you feeling great in no time.
This recipe serves 1 and each serving is 3 Zone blocks.
- 2 oz lean corned beef (2 P)
- 2 slices of whole rye bread (3 C)
- sauerkraut (to taste)
- 1 oz low-fat Swiss cheese (1 P)
- 1 tbsp Thousand Island dressing (3 F)
- Lightly coat a non-stick pan with some spray butter.
- Grill the rye bread on both side.
- Grill the corned beef and warm the sauerkraut on both side.
- Then, stack up the corned beef (in the pan) and top with the sauerkraut and cheese. Put some water around them and let the hot steam melts the cheese.
- Spread the dressing over the grilled bread and assemble the sandwich.