Tuna Watercress Sandwich with Wasabi Mayonnaise (for Atkins Diet Phase 1) | dietplan101.com
Tuna Watercress Sandwich with Wasabi Mayonnaise. A delicious low-carb sandwich made with tuna and watercress, topped with wasabi mayonnaise and sandwiched in Atkins cuisine bread.
This recipe serves 4 with each serving of 2.0 g net carbs.
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 10 oz (280 g) tuna steak
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp wasabi powder
- 1/2 tsp tamari soy sauce
- 4 slices of toasted Atkins Cuisine bread
- 1/2 cup watercress leaves
- 1/4 red onion (thinly sliced)
- Preheat oils over medium-high heat in a large frying pan.
- Sear both sides of the tuna steak, for about 2 minutes for each side. Then, thinly sliced diagonally. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, wasabi and soy sauce.
- To serve, spread some wasabi mayonnaise on the bread slices, then top 2 bread slices with tuna, watercress and red onion, and finish on top with the remaining slices.
- Then, cut each set of sandwiches diagonally to make them 4.