Mixed Berries Orange Sherbet (Atkins Diet Phase 3) | dietplan-101.com
A slightly sweet, tangy treat that is sure to please. Berries are packed with powerful antioxidants and this sherbet is made with pureed berries and buttermilk, a refreshing dessert you’re sure to love.
Yields: 4 servings (Each serving: 11 g Net Carbs, 69 calories)
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sweetener
- grated orange rind (of 1 orange)
- 2 tbsps water
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- Combine berries, sweetener, orange rind, and water in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer at low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring regularly, until all berries have broken down. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- When cooled, process the berries mixture in a blender until smooth, then strain into a large bowl to remove the seeds.
- Add the buttermilk to pureed berries and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a jug and keep refrigerated for at least 4 hours.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and churn for 30 minutes.