Chicken Tortilla Soup (South Beach Phase 3) | dietplan-101.com
Chicken tortilla soup is a real treat with South Beach Phase 3. Our special recipe uses shredded chicken, onions, corn, fresh vegetables, and tomatoes, along with tasty seasonings. This version of tortilla soup is low in fat and saturated fat content, making it a healthy pick for lunch or dinner.
Yields: 3 servings
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (14 oz/400 g) chopped tomatoes
- 4.4 oz (125 g) whole kernel sweet corn
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- salt (to taste)
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar (divided)
- Preheat olive oil in a stock pot.
- Add in garlic and onion and cook until soft.
- Add in chicken meat, tomato, corn, chicken broth, and taco mix.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 1 hour.
- Add in coriander and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Off the heat and season to taste with salt.
- Serve hot on a soup plate and garnish each with 1/4 cup shredded cheese.