New Herbs Cabbage Soup for Cabbage Soup Diet | dietplan-101.com
New Herbs Cabbage Soup for Cabbage Soup Diet is a soup, especially for cabbage soup diet, that contains cabbage and celery to give you all the essential nutrients needed for a healthy lifestyle.
- 2 cans (28-oz/794-g) pureed tomatoes
- 1 can of water (to dilute the pureed tomatoes)
- 1 bunch scallion (chopped)
- 1/2 – 3/4 head white/green cabbage (roughly chopped)
- 1 bunch celery (chopped)
- 4 carrots (diced)
- 2 large bell peppers (either red, green, yellow, or a mix) (diced)
- 1 bunch of fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley (chopped)
- 1 bunch of fresh basil (or cilantro) (chopped)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 head of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 package Lipton Onion Soup mix
- salt & ground black pepper (to taste)
- dash of dried herbs (e.g. rosemary, tarragon, red crushed pepper) (optional)
- chicken/beef bouillon cube (optional)
- Put all the pureed tomatoes in a large soup pot, then add in 1 full can of water. Bring to the boil.
- Add in the chopped scallions, cabbage, celery, diced carrots, and bell peppers.
- Bring to the boil again, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add in parsley, basil, bay leaves, garlic, and the onion soup mix. Put the lid on and let the soup simmer for 1 /12 to 2 hours. Remove from heat and discard the bay leaves.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- You may add in bouillon cube and some dried herbs if you want the taste to be richer.
- You may serve the soup as it is or purees it using a hand blender so that all the flavors are blended.
- Serve the soup hot or cold.