Mock Hollandaise Sauce (for South Beach Phase 1) | dietplan-101.com
Mock hollandaise sauce is quick, easy and can be prepared in advance. It’s a good go-to when you need a creamy sauce for seafood, poultry or beef dishes. The South Beach Diet recommends it as an acceptable Phase 1 food
- 4 tbsps liquid egg substitute
- 1 tbsp Smart Balance buttery spread
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- dash of ground red pepper
- Whisk egg substitute and buttery spread over low heat until spread is softened.
- Add in lemon juice and mustard and continue cooking at low heat until thickened.
- Remove from heat and mix in the red pepper.
- If the mixture curdles, blend on low speed until smooth