Stir-Fried Chickpeas with Zucchini and Mushroom (South Beach Phase 1) | dietplan-101.com
This quick and easy Indian-inspired vegetarian dish is perfect for a one-pot meal. Sautéed tomatoes, mushrooms, and chickpeas serve as the base ingredients with delicate spices to make it a great spicy-tasting meal.
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 red onion (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped oregano
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 can (15-oz/425-g) chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup sliced Portobello mushrooms
- 2/3 cup chopped plum tomatoes
- Preheat olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook onion, pepper, oregano, basil, and garlic for a minute.
- Add chickpeas and zucchini and mix to coat well.
- Reduce heat, cover, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring in between.
- Add in sliced mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Put chopped tomatoes on top of the mixture, cover, and steam for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.