Low Carb Egg White Burger Buns (for South Beach Diet Phase 1)| dietplan-101.com
These low-carb buns are made with low-fat cheeses and eggs. A great substitute for normal bread, and suitable for those on low carb diet, especially the South Beach diet.
Try out our homemade low-fat ricotta cheese recipe needed in this recipe
This recipe yields 7 servings.
- 4 egg yolks (room temperature)
- 3 sachets sweetener (optional)
- 1/4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup low-fat parmesan cheese
- 4 egg whites*
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat the oven to 300°F/150°C.
- Whisk egg yolks, sweetener, ricotta, and parmesan cheese in a large bowl until smooth.
- In another clean bowl, beat egg whites until foamy, then add in cream of tartar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add some beaten egg white to the egg yolk mixture and mix lightly.
- Slowly and lightly fold in the remaining egg white into the egg yolk mixture until just blended, so that you won’t break the egg whites down.
- Spoon the batter onto a silicon baking mat or lined cookie sheet to make 7 (or 8) buns. (You may also use a muffin top pan.)
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes.
- Use as bread for sandwiches or eat on its own.