Gluten-Free Watercress Tofu Fish Soup | dietplan-101.com
Gluten-Free Watercress Tofu Fish Soup is a traditional Chinese takeaway dish. The fish soup is made with tofu and fresh watercress, which offers you a full flavor of the sea while being gluten-free.
You may also use fresh cod fillets as an alternative to grouper fillets.
This recipe serves 5.
- 4 cups (950 ml) of water
- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken broth
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 tsps chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 lbs (680 g) fresh grouper fillets (cut into bite-size pieces)*
- 8 spring onions (chopped)
- 7 oz (200 g) firm tofu (cut into cubes)
- 7 oz (200 g) watercress (roughly chopped)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- Combine water, chicken broth, onion, and garlic in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, add in fish pieces, reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add in chopped spring onions, tofu cubes, and watercress.
- Cook for another 5-8 minutes, until the vegetable, is cooked. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.