Gluten-Free Banana Bread| dietplan-101.com
Gluten-free banana bread is a great way to use up those overripe bananas. This recipe is easy to make and can be made in advance. This recipe is an adaptation of banana cake from MyKitchen101en.
This recipe yields 1 loaf (8×4-inch) of banana bread.
- 5.3 oz gluten-free flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5.3 oz ripe banana (mashed)
- 1.4 fl oz fresh milk
- 2.5 fl oz butter
- 3.2 oz fine granulated sugar
- 1 egg (large)
- Preheat the oven to 355°F/180°C and add a tray of water to increase humidity.
- Mix and sieve together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Blend banana and milk together until smooth.
- Combine butter and sugar in a mixing bowl, then beat over medium speed.
- Add in beaten eggs gradually and beat until fully combined.
- Sieve in 1/3 part of the flour, and mix until combined using a rubber spatula.
- Add 1/3 part of the banana puree, and mix until combined.
- Repeat the same steps until all flour and banana puree has been added.
- Tap the mixing bowl on the countertop 3-4 times.
- Drop the loaf pans on table 4-5 times, then use a wet knife to draw a line horizontally across the batter.
- Bake at 355°F/180°C for 45 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Let the cakes cool in the pans for 15 minutes before unmoulding.
- After unmoulding, let the gluten-free banana bread cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before serving.
Gluten-Free Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 loaf pan (9×4-inch)
- 6 oz mashed ripe banana
- 1 egg
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 tbsps vegetable oil
- ½ cup fresh milk
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup potato starch
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 4 tsps baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp Xanthan gum
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Combine banana, egg, brown sugar, oil, milk, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together all dry ingredients, then add to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan (9”x 4).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until done (the tester inserted in the center comes out clean).
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a while before removing it from the pan.
- Cut into slices and serve. For unfinished portions, keep them refrigerated.