Gluten-Free Peppered Steak with Brandy Sauce| dietplan101.com
When you’re craving a steak, but you’re also looking for something that won’t leave you feeling bloated and tired afterward, this gluten-free peppered steak with brandy sauce is the perfect way to go. Brandy is one of the best substitutes for gluten-containing flour in baked goods, so it’s no surprise that we love it here as well. The sauce has the perfect balance between sweet and savory
This recipe serves 4.
- 4 beef fillet steaks
- crushed peppercorns (to taste)
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 3 1/2 tbsps butter
- salt (to taste)
- 2 tbsps brandy
- 3 oz (90 ml) single cream
- Lightly brush the steaks with olive oil, then coat with some crushed peppercorns.
- Heat the remaining olive oil and butter in a non-stick frying pan over high heat.
- Cook the steaks for 2 minutes on each side, then reduce heat to low and cook for another 3-5 minutes on each side. Season to taste with salt.
- Warm brandy and pour over the steaks, then transfer the steaks to serving plates.
- Add the single cream to the pan with meat juices, then pour over the steaks.
- Serve hot.