Gluten-Free Cheddar Cheese Straws | dietplan-101.com
These Gluten-Free Cheddar Cheese Straws are made from real cheddar cheese and tapioca flour, so they’re low in carbs and gluten-free. Enjoy little bites of heaven for full flavor without the extra calories!
This recipe yields 24.
- 4 tbsps butter (soften)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan gum
- salt (to taste)
- 3 tbsps cream
- 4 oz (113 g) grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Combine butter, starches, Xanthan gum, and salt in a mixing bowl (will be crumbly).
- Add in cream and mix until smooth.
- Add in grated cheese and mix until you have a uniform color dough. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Roll out into 1/4″ thickness, then cut into thin straws (about 5″ x 1/3″)(DON’T flour the surface).
- Arrange the cheese straws on a greased baking tray and bake for about 12 minutes.