Japanese Green Tea Meringue Cookies | dietplan-101.com
Japanese green tea flavored crispy egg white cookies that will melt in your mouth! It is so easy to make yet very delicious! There is no flour and is gluten-free.
- 3 large egg whites (at room temperature, use 3-4 days old eggs)
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 1/4 tsps green tea powder
- Beat egg whites until foamy, then add in cream of tartar and beat at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Add in icing sugar gradually while beating, then continue to beat at high speed until VERY stiff.
- Add in green tea powder gradually and mix until combined.
- Preheat oven to 250°F/120°C.
- Fill the green tea meringue into a piping bag with your favorite tip, then pipe dollops onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Let the meringue cookies cool in the closed oven for at least 1 hour.
- Transfer to airtight containers immediately and keep refrigerated.