Gluten-Free Carrot Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting | dietplan-101.com
This gluten-free carrot cake recipe is sure to please your entire family. It’s moist on the inside and extra sweet on the outside thanks to a homemade orange cream cheese frosting layer that’s added between each layer of cake.
This recipe is adapted from carrot cake with cream cheese from MyKitchen101en. In this recipe, gluten-free light cake flour is used to create a carrot cake for gluten-free dieters
This recipe yields 16 pieces.
- 8.4 oz (240 g) gluten-free light cake flour
- 1/2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 7 oz (200 g) soft brown sugar
- 7 oz (200 g) grated carrot
- 3.5 oz (100 g) chopped walnut
- 8.8 oz (250 g) corn oil or vegetable oil
- 2 grated lemon zest of 2 lemons
- 4 eggs (large)
- 3/4 tsp fine salt
For orange cream cheese frosting:
- 6.4 oz (180 g) cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3.2 oz (90 g) butter (salted, softened)
- 2.8 oz (80 g) icing sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- Add a tray of water (about 2 cups) to the oven, then preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F
- Grease and line a 9-inch (23-cm) square baking pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Finely grate carrot, measure out 200 g of grated carrot.
- Chop walnut until fine with a food processor.
- Sift together gluten-free light cake flour, gluten-free baking powder, baking soda, and ground cinnamon, and mix well.
- Whisk together eggs, salt, and soft brown sugar, sift in flour mixture, and mix well. Add in corn oil, and mix well.
- Add in grated carrot, ground walnut, and grated lemon zest, and mix well.
- Pour batter into a lined baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 160°C/320°F for 45 minutes, then increase to 180°C/355°F and bake for another 15 minutes, or until completely cooked.
- Unmould gluten-free carrot cake, and set it aside to cool completely on a wire rack (at least 6″ from the countertop).
For cream cheese frosting:
- Combine cream cheese, butter, icing sugar, and lemon juice, and beat over medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Trim the sides and level the top of the cake, spread cream cheese frosting on top of the cake evenly with an icing spatula.
- Cut the gluten-free carrot cake into 16 pieces.